Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spillin' about the Adobe Connect

Last night was great doing the Adobe Connect thing with my new UNI cohorts. I can see it has its limitations though. Wonder how many people can be "on" before you get the delay issues we had last night? Although I heard everyone as they were talking in real time, no delay...
I can definitely see the use in the education and business world, saving time and $$ on travel to have a "meeting."
In "my world" of elementary education, I can see an individual student or small group of students, using this a way of collaborating on a project in classroom across the globe. For example, my 1st/2nd graders skyped and now communicate via "snail mail" with Passamaquady Native American in Maine. We could group students from both locations and give them an project, like a book that they are to write, and this would be a great way for them to collaborate! The kids would LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment