Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Get Ready, Get Ready!

So I am trying to figure out how my trip to China for the Flat Classroom Conference can have the biggest impact on ALL 97 students at Stratford Elementary School in little tiny Stratford Iowa. After a visit with fellow cohort Cathy O.,  she gave me the idea of a video blog. Thanks Cathy O! I will leave a little video every night, for all the classes to look at in the morning when they come to school,  they can read my post, then post questions or comments for me. Makes perfect sense!  Since I tend to be "dork" anyway, my kids will love watching Mrs.Schaa try out squid or octopus, laughing at me the whole time, while learning a little bit about a culture they may never get to experience themselves.....hmmm many of these kids have never even been  in an airplane, and unfortunately may NEVER ride in an airplane, so I need to be their eyes and ears EVEN on the plane! So GET READY, I am going to blog about "Mrs. Schaa's Adventures in China"...Teachers are excited, kids are excited, Mrs. Schaa's excited...so Get Ready, Get Ready!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just wondering if 1.3+ billion people know what is heading their way ... and how they will react ... :) I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you guys get there.

    ReplyDelete