Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reflections.


I am "decompressing" from my classes at UNI. Having gotten back into my routine at home, and training (kind of) for RAGBRAI and a team tri later this summer, I have had some time to reflect on my learnings at UNI with my cohorts.
First, I need to wholeheartedly agree with one professor, Joe Marchesani, who said "There is nothing like face-to-face contact when it come to learning." At first when we started this "distance learning cohort", I thought, "yes, this will be ok." However, having been with classmates, and then looking back at the "chatting" and "adobe connect", there is no comparison.
We had to deal with lag time, not being able to "see" or "read" body language or "hear" sarcasm in people's voices....there's got to be a better way, especially when people are grouped and then need to communicate with each other for weeks while they planned projects....
I am missing my new friends/ classmates and am hoping we will continue to "communicate" throughout this school year to find out if the projects we made, were able to be put to use, hear about the feedback, and learn from it.
For now
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Lovin' the IT logo you posted here. I'm gonna try to find it. See you soon, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is want developing the group as a learning community is all about. It provides you with the opportunity to stay in touch.

    Z

    ReplyDelete