Thursday, June 17, 2010

So Much To Do.....


After we skyped with Julie Lindsay today, one of the co-founders of the Flat Classroom Project, I began to thing about what I want to try to do for my little school located in small town rural Iowa. Thoughts kept popping up that some of these kids will NEVER even go to Adventureland in Des Moines, let alone out of the state. I began to think that EVERY chance I get to expose them to different cultures, places, people is an opportunity to change their life and possibly our future. That said, I have begun a "bucket list" to send to my principal: Pennies For Peace, Global SchoolNet, Around The World With 80 Schools, My Hero , The Global Education Collaborative and I'm sure there are many many more that I have not yet heard about!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! I have a lot of contacts for culture stuff in Iowa, we can talk and maybe even do some things together with our kids.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nifty site your kids can use without any guidance is http://www.freerice.com/. It's a vocabulary game that donates rice to the UN Food Program. The students won't get to interact with others from around the world, but they will be more aware of the problems other people face...and learn words.

    ReplyDelete